Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 3 reading hw

In the reading Understanding Rhetoric (the cartoon clips) was a new take on reading. By involving pictures it made it more please to the eye to read but over I didn’t like it. I’m not a big fan of comic books; to me they are difficult to read jumping back and forth from character to character when really there is no point. When I’m just trying to learn something I would much rather read it straight forward and to the point and I felt like this just dragged on.
The paper we read in class Teaching Two Kinds of Thinking I enjoyed. It was a easy read, being dyslexic and having ADD and ADHD make it so I really don’t enjoy reading because I have to put all of my effort into something. This piece though was surprisingly easy and I understood it well. It made it clear what first order thinking was and how opposite second thinking was compared to it. I think this piece was easy to read because it was so relatable not just to me but anyone who reads it, you either have one or the other. I think I write more with first order thinking, what ever comes to my head I put it on the paper they call it free thinking. Having ADHD I cant allow myself to stop and think about how I should construct something, I will end up getting off topic and it will be worse then writing freely.

In the third piece of reading Rhetorical Analysis is more of the type of reading I like to do when I want to learn something. I states what you have to do, why you have to do it, and then gives you examples. By giving me examples and telling me why I need it I understand better. They talk about how important it is to know your audience, which I strongly agree with. You have to know who you talking to or selling to, so you grab their attention and make them agree with what you are saying.

1 comment:

  1. I agree the paper we read in class was very well written. I usually read and then I go back and I think" what on earth did I just read" like I can't comprehend it. I enjoyed the paper. It was clear and easy and made sense. I also find it interesting to label different types of thinking.

    ReplyDelete