Thursday, June 4, 2015

Reading week 3

Everything is an Argument

            I enjoyed the reading this week. I have a tough time when I comes to argument because it’s kind of like fighting and I feel very uncomfortable when people fight or get in an argument. In the reading it talked about a type of argument called a Rogerian argument, which is what I would compare myself to. Someone who approaches an argument in a non -threating manner, and tries to find a common round for everyone; which I see myself doing a lot when I get in a disagreement. 
             I really enjoyed how this paper went into detail about all the different argument and didn’t talk about a general argument by describing a little about each one. Some argument I didn’t even consider as arguments like arguments to meditate or pray.  Which is when you’re having an argument within and hoping to change something about yourself.

             The article even broke down the different occasions for arguments, like past present and future. And how you should carry you argument if you’re going to have an audience.  This article covered more than I was expecting it was going to and I enjoyed how each description was short and to the point.

1 comment:

  1. DJ,

    I just wanted to let you know that you're doing good work here. Keep it up! (And make sure to post this week's reading/hw). :)

    Z

    ReplyDelete