Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Artist Statement

Photography is my way of showing what I see to the world. I like to create photographs that are creative and abstract. The goal for me is to get my viewers to think and get drawn into the photograph. I use shapes along with texture to as a main point of view in my art. My art consist of mostly black and whites. Using black and white takes away the distraction of color and makes you focus on the movement and depth. When transfer my photos to black and white I feel it brings out an emotion that the color was covering up.
My work is inspired by the different tonal values in colors brought out by depth and shadows. I see everyday objects that you see, or walk past differently, that’s what I like to show my viewers, a new look on something old.
I also like to shoot still life. I like to have bright colorful backgrounds that contrast with the subject. I try to convey a fun almost comic book pop art feel through my photography.  Having a fun upbeat piece makes it more appealing to look at and truly enjoy.

My photography is something I’m lucky I can share with the world. I was given the ability to see and think creatively. Photography is more than just a hobby to me, it’s the way I see life and I’m blessed to have the chance to show the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment