Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Blog of the week6 (My Interview)

I feel like a super nerd at how excited I was to interview my photographer. Even though I just interviewed one of my teachers who was a still life photographer and not a super famous photographer I was still really excited. I learned so much and made me fall even more in love with photography. This interview made me have a better understanding of my career I want to get into since we really haven’t covered anything like this before.
In this interview it was really reassuring of how much I believe in myself, which was nice to have because it boosted my confidence. It was nice to talk to someone who I relate to. A lot of the students in the Pro-Photo department want to because some type of fashion/ portrait photographer. Which is the opposite of what I want to do so there isn’t many people who I can talk to about it.
The field I want to get into is, still life product, which is advertising products like Coca-Cola, Coach, Nike, etc.  Even though I don’t like to shoot portraits I know in some of my work I will have to use models which I have to except and produce just as high quality work as I would anything else.
During my interview my teacher gave me a website to go on to start finding photographers that I might want to intern for. Which is one of the things that got me very excited and happy I got the chance to sit down and talk to him. Over the next couple of month I’m going to look through this website of photographers and start researching them and finding out more about them. Once I have narrowed it down I will start to contact them and try to get in touch with them to get an internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment